Founded in 1993, SDM Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) was promoted by the Shree Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Educational (SDME) Trust. It is one of the premier B-schools of the country, located at the foot of Chamundi Hills at the 'Palace City' Mysore. SDMIMD is one of the foremost institutions of 40 educational establishments promoted by Shree Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Educational Trust, in the realm of Medical, Engineering, Dental, Law and Management Sciences.
The SDMIMD campus hosts spacious classrooms equipped with LCD Projectors, OHP's Computers, white Boards & AV Systems.
The well-stocked library features a huge collection of over 14,000 books, 70 print journals, provides access to 39,000 (EBSCO + J-Gate) e-journals, electronic corporate databases such as Capitaline, newspapers and business magazines, abstracts & case study databases, and additional 120 multimedia resources.
Other facilities include computer centre, a fully air-conditioned conference hall that accommodates 200 people, large, acoustically-sound auditorium, and an amphitheatre.
Sports facilities include a well equipped "Wellness Centre" at the campus with facilities for Yoga, Aerobics, Hi Tech Gym, Table Tennis and Shuttle Badminton.
SDMIMD provides separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
SDMIMD offers following courses:
PGDM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a two-year, residential programme approved by the AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India, and has been recognised as being highly contemporary with state-of-the art pedagogical practices. The course is compiled from current industry practices and probing business case studies.
PGDM-PGCPM programme - The Dual Certification Programme – PGDM-PGCPM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) & Post Graduate Certificate Program in Management is jointly offered by AIMA-CME (Centre for Management Education) and SDMIMD. The PGDM – AIMA-CME is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, and Government of India.
Management Development Programmes - Management Development Programmes are designed to provide working executives with theoretical concepts and practices in management.
NSE Certified Capital Markets Professional (NCCMP) Programme - The NSE Certified Capital Markets Professional (NCCMP) Programme is run by the National Stock Exchange (NSE) in collaboration with Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), Mysore.
Doctoral Programme - The Doctoral Programme [Ph.D.] of SDMIMD conducted by SDM Research Centre for Management Studies (SDM RCMS) is recognised by University of Mysore, Mysore in the area of Management Studies.
Admission process is as follows:
For Doctoral programmes:
1. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria for the Ph.D. programme can submit the application to SDM RCMS, SDMIMD, Mysore. The application form and Doctoral programme brochure of SDMRCMS is available at the institute on payment of Rs. 1000. The candidates will be informed about the Admissions Entrance Test.
2. Candidates qualified for University Grants Commission – Junior Research Fellow (UGC-JRF) or with M.Phil. Degree completed having entered the programme through a prescribed entrance exam are exempted from Admission Entrance Test conducted by the University of Mysore, Mysore, and they can directly apply to SDM RCMS.
1. The candidate needs to apply for the Dual Certification Programme – PGDM-PGCPM by filling in the applications forms of AIMA-PGDM and SDMIMD-PGCPM.
2. The filled-in application form has to be submitted along with a fees of Rs. 550/- at SDMIMD, Mysore.
1. Selection is on the basis of merit.
2. SDMIMD conducts a personal interview to assess the suitability of the candidate for the programme.
3. The final selection is made considering the applicant’s performance in personal interview and work experience.
Applicants can apply online.
1. Applicants will be short listed based on consistent academic performance, competitive exam score and work experience if applicable.
2. Short listed applicants will be called for personal interview.
Fees - Rs 9.8 Lakh for the 2 year PGDM programme including hostel fees.
SDMIMD has been ranked as one of the most preferred B-Schools in Southern India in a survey cconducted by The Week.